Get in touch
If you need legal advice, fill out the form below and one of our legal experts will get back to you as soon as possible.
Remortgage Conveyancing - Step by Step Guide
Remortgaging your house can be a confusing time which is why we have devised this step by step guide to explain the stages of your transaction.
- Once you have instructed us we will request your title deeds from your existing lender and also request a redemption statement to find out how much is still owed on your existing mortgage, and any other loans you are paying off.
- We will await your mortgage offer and check the title documentation.
After Offer Received
- We will check special instructions from the lender. In some cases it may be necessary to carry out searches against the property. (This depends upon the lender).
- We will forward the mortgage deed to you for signature and also send you the redemption statement for your existing mortgage (and any other loans, if applicable). We will then agree a completion date with you.
- Once the documentation is returned to us together with any balance payable (if applicable) we can arrange the completion. (Most lenders require one week’s notice).
- On completion day we will pay off your existing mortgage (and other loans, if applicable), collect our legal fees and disbursements and will forward any remaining money to you.
- We will arrange to register the new mortgage at the Land Registry. Once the title is registered we will supply a copy to you and send the original document to your lender.
If you have any questions regarding Remortgage Conveyancing please call us on 0161 798 9000.
Remortgages are likely to complete within a month dependent on when we receive the mortgage offer.